Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Living a life of worship Part II

Worship= worth-ship...to give worth to

If I truly look at the definition of what worship really is I have to admit I'm in a lot of trouble. I give worth to a lot of things. I give worth to my kids, the way I look, my money, my priorities--the list goes on.

Romans 12:1 says, "So here's what I want you to do. God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life-- your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life-- and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him." (The Message Bible)

Like I stated in my last blog I remember reading this verse my junior year in college and it all clicked. I finally really understood that worship was NOT about me. It was NOT about a style of music I prefered in church or about the way or form in which we sang. Worship to God is about what I do...all the time. The way that I interact with a co-worker while at work is worship. The way that I spend my money is worship. The way that I talk to my spouse or kids is worship. Every single thing I do shows what I am giving "worth" to.

David Morris in his book A Lifestyle of Worship says, "My life belongs to God and what I do in worship to God is a reflection of who I am, but more importantly, whose I am."

When Romans 12 states to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, as our spiritual act of worship. It means all the time. My worship is what I do every day in the private and mundane activities. Yes, even when I'm grocery shopping I'm worshipping. I'm a reflection of God even in those moments. May our worship today be pleasing to Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment