Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Psalm 32:8 The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."

I am drawn to Psalm 32:8 because I am between a rock and a hard place needing the Lord's guidance and direction. In January, I will be done teaching at Our Redeemer's Christian School. After several months of prayer and study, I am still unsure of what or where I am to do or go.

My ear is pressed to the ground, my mind is open to many possibilities, my heart is still and patient, but heaven is silent. If money and medical insurance were not needed commodities (the rock), I would continue coaching volleyball at Our Redeemer's and write (the hard place). Logic requires a real job until the dream job can take flight but a real job with its demands will steal the time needed to pursue the dream. What am I to do?

Psalm 32:8 promises that the Lord will guide us along the best pathway and that is something I hold on to with all abandon. I desire His best because it is there I know He will use me to His fullest. It requires a lot of trust and patience on my part not to forge ahead clinging to the security medical insurance and money provides. I don't want an Ishmael job or ministry--I desire an Isaac one because I know when the Israelites harbored between their rock (the Red Sea) and a hard place (the Egyptian army), God was there, at just the right time, with His best path.

No comments:

Post a Comment