Monday, August 3, 2009

Bringing Home Mary

I (Sherry) have returned from a Proverbs 31 Women's Conference in Concord, North Carolina. What an amazing blessing not only for me, but for several of the women I got the priviledge of brushing shoulders with.
Today, as I reflect on what impacted me the most, outside of making new friendships, is leaving Martha behind and bringing Mary home. If you know about the Martha/Mary story in the Bible, you know where I am headed.
When I finished the 2008-2009 school year, I discovered myself burned out beyond imagination. You hear about people burning out but surmise that it does not include you. You can do it all. That superwoman syndrome over and over. Right when you feel you released your cape, you find yourself flying once again from this to that and that to this. When will we learn ladies?
I know my Martha has been complaining to God with many "Tell them to help me Jesus!" tantrums. Instead, I now leave Martha in North Carolina for a couple of weeks so that I can sit at the feet of my Jesus. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment