Friday, August 14, 2009

Unexpected Blessing

I just got back from two days in South Dakota and a lot of speaking. As I set out to minister, I am continually amazed at what the Lord accomplishes. I left Minot all prayed up. My ipod had the latest praise and worship songs uploaded on it (check out Kari Jobi -- wonderful, wonderful, wonderful), and podcast teachings from Mike Erie at Rockharbor Church in California (Stephanie's pastor when she lived there).

My plan when I went was to prayerfully change lives. I give a salvation message and speak about my testimony and how I came to make a decision for Christ. However, so often when I speak, I am the one truly blessed by the people the Lord puts in my path. Perfect strangers--yet bonded with a love that is indescribable in human terms.

I felt the same way when I went to the Proverbs 31 Conference in North Carolina. Six hundred women with an unquenchable thirst for God and a desire to bless others by writing or speaking. It was a blast to worship together, cry together, and extend friendship united on one central thing -- Jesus Christ. Everything revolved around what we are for and not what we oppose. No denominational, ethnic, or social differences. Just the love of Christ lived out in earthly tents.

It has to please God to see the body of Christ surrendered to what is most important--"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:37-40

In all honesty, whenever I try to be a blessing for someone else, the Lord instead causes me to inherit one. He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment