Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Living a life of worship Part I

Romans 12:1, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices holy and pleasing to God-- this is your spiritual act of worship."

I absolutely LOVE this verse. I remember reading it often not fully grasping all that it was saying until my junior year in college. I was a Biblical Studies major at a small college in Fullerton, CA. Each semester we would write a 10-15 page exegetical paper which would look closely at a group of verses, analyze how they applied to the original audience, and draw a application to how we can apply it to our lives today. Even though it was a lot of hard work, I enjoyed writing these papers as I gathered a wealth of knowledge about the scriptures.

All this to say that I came to realize that this verse spoke on what real worship is. I'm going to be doing a series of blogs that will dig a little bit deeper into this verse and invite you to check back to dive in with me. It is by far one of my favorite verses, and I can't wait to share why. Talk to you soon. -Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment