Thursday, August 27, 2009

Let Music Speak

I know Stephanie is the music buff, but I have found it to be a life line, per se, especially during difficult times in my life. Our kids grew up with contemporary Christian music blarring throughout the house -- I loved listening to so many different artists. Often I felt like a song was tailored made for me. The words lined up in a way that expressed my hearts' sediments. Other songs caused me to stop what I was doing (usually cleaning), and spend time in worship. Some songs carried a peppy beat providing the energy to continue with the cleaning!

Obviously, you learn artists encounter much of the same life issues that we deal with. I Will Praise You in the Storm by Casting Crowns, hits a cord with almost every believer because of the many trials that go before us. Same Girl by Twila Paris, revolutionized how I looked at my mother-in-law while caring for her. East from West by Casting Crowns just causes me to be thankful, thankful, thankful for forgiveness of sin.

My current favorite is a song by Kari Jobe, My Beloved. The love the Father has for us is beyond comprehension, and his desire, delight, and pleasure is in US (make a request to Kirsten, our local DJ at KHRT to play it)!

I encourage you to turn on your radio to a Christian setting, and absorb the benefits of the Word in song. It can change your disposition to one of thankfulness, surrender, and adoration.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherry!
    God's word is alive and active however it's presented. Thanks for the reminder. I also needed to be reminded to enjoy my kids music with them. Sometimes I feel like I'm such a mom because I'm fearful of what they're listening to assuming the worst rather than looking for the opportunity for teachable, great moments. It drives me crazy when I assume the worst! Usually, "the worst" isn't there.
    I'm looking forward to our writers critique group. I've enjoyed getting to "know" everybody from their intros. Thanks again for putting it all together.
    Blessings!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete